The WY-55 Hellcat was initially designed and operated as a Multi-Role Utility Helicopter for the AAF forces. Surplus helicopters quickly found themselves pressed into use by Civilians, Poseidon and Police alike, not due to their multi-role nature but due to the fact every Hellcat came fitted with a powerful thermal imaging camera making them great for recon purposes.
|Max Speed:||293 km/h|
The Hellcat initially was designed as a Multi-Role helicopter for the AAF carrying out transport and observation roles. Due to their sluggish nature they are outclassed by both the MH-9 and PO-30 for transportation and have found themselves the helicopter of choice for any recon or observation operations.
The Hellcat is a twin-engine helicopter with decent armour around the frame of the helicopter. The weight of the armour and extra engine has heavily reduced it manoeuvrability when compared to an MH-9 or PO-30 however the front based thermal imaging camera has more than made up for these drawbacks.
- Armouring across the air frame
- Countermeasure launchers
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- Powerful Thermal Imaging Camera with a very very good range.
- Fitted with a winch the Hellcat is able to slingload the following:
- Due to the extra weight the hellcat is not very manoeuvrable at high speed
- The engines can take time to respond to inputs - Planning ahead is important
- The Hellcat can carry a maximum of 8 people - 2 Crew and 6 Passengers
Upgrades can be bought from the Aerial Mod Shop. The WY-55 Hellcat Supports:
- Up to level 2 Hull upgrades
- Up to level 2 Fuel upgrades
- Up to level 2 Main Rotor upgrades
- Up to level 2 Tail Rotor upgrades
- Up to level 3 Lockpick Upgrades
- Transponder Upgrade
This vehicle is available to rent or purchase at various locations across the island.
Purchase and Rent
- Rebel Black
- National Police Air Service (NPAS)
- Poseidon Camo
- The Hellcat appears to be based off the "AW159 Wildcat" manufactured by AgustaWestland and Leonardo