The MH-9 Hummingbird was initially designed for NATO as a light transport and recon helicopter. It found popularity with the residents of Altis once it became commercially available due to its great handling, cheap price and quick acceleration due to its lightweight body. It found use across all the Factions on the island for the same reasons as above.
|Max Speed:||245 km/h|
|Seats:||4 - 8|
The MH-9 Hummingbird is a single engine helicopter that has been in service for years and years. It's cheap production and ease of assembly has led to it becoming one of the most mass produced helicopters ever.Roles:
The MH-9 Hummingbird was designed to be cheap and mass produced by saving in almost any area, notably by removing the doors from the main body of the air frame. Due to the cheap construction materials used, the MH-9 Hummingbird doesn't offer much protection to its systems or occupants.
- Due to its small footprint, the MH-9 Hummingbird can be incredibly difficult to spot visually
- Due to the design of the engine and rotors, the MH-9 Hummingbird can also be very difficult to hear unless you are fairly close to it.
- Is fitted with a winch capable of slingloading either a Kart or Quadbike
- Passengers sitting on the benches are able to fire their weapons in a 180 degree arc
- The MH-9 Hummingbird has the best manoeuvrability out of any helicopter available on Altis
- The lightness of the air frame means it can reach its top speed fairly quickly
- Has a Maximum capacity of 4 without any installed benches - 2 Crew and 2 Passengers
- Has a Maximum capacity of 8 with side benches installed - 2 Crew, 2 Passengers and 4 Bench seats.
Upgrades can be bought from the Aerial Mod Shop. The MH-9 Hummingbird Supports:
- Up to level 1 Hull upgrades
- Up to level 2 Fuel upgrades
- Up to level 3 Winch upgrades
- Up to level 3 Main Rotor upgrades
- Up to level 3 Tail Rotor upgrades
- Up to level 3 Lockpick Upgrades
- Side Benches Upgrade
- Transponder Upgrade
This vehicle is available to rent or purchase at various locations across the island.
Purchase and Rent
- Digi Green
- Jeans Blue
- Speedy Redline
- Waves Blue
- Rebel Digital
- Fracture (Community Skin)
- National Police Air Service (NPAS)
- Unmarked (See Civilian Variants)
National Health Service
- Poseidon Camo
- The main air frame appears to be based on the "MD-500" style of Helicopters manufactured by Hughes Helicopters, McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems and MD Helicopters
- The capabilities of the MH-9 Hummingbird appear to be heavily based upon the "MH-6 Little Bird" manufactured by MD Helicopters and Hughes Helicopters