The Mayor is a position available to everyone on the servers. It is not a position of actual power but rather a position that is used for roleplay as a government official. To decide who holds the position of Mayor, an election is held.
Electing a Mayor
An election is held two times every month. Each election ends on the 1st and 15th and the polls are open up until those dates.
Voting on a candidate is done in the Town hall, which is located in the north-east of Kavala greenzone. Inside the Town hall there are polling stations located on the first floor. These polling stations are used to vote for a candidate. They will also show the message written by the candidate when they registered.
These polling stations are also used to register as a candidate. When registering the registrar has the option to fill out a message, showed to everyone who wishes to vote. To register, interact with a polling station (using the scroll wheel) and select the option to register for Mayor. After this the option to fill out a message appears, and finally the option to finalise the registration is available in the bottom right.
The Mayor holds his position for two weeks, between the dates of each election.
During this term, the player who holds the position of Mayor will have a special title under their name tag, appearing as "Altis Mayor" in purple. This name tag shows up for the player at all times, both when they are in a civilian slot, and a faction slot.
The Mayor also gets access to 10 Kavala Street during his term. Meaning he has access to open the gates, normally locked to people in a civilian slot. After the term the person will lose access to this compound.
10 Kavala Street
Aside from the possibility to open the gates and use the compound, 10 Kavala Street is an additional spawn point for the person holding the position of Mayor.
The compound, named after 10 Downing Street, has a number of features:
- Two locked gates, accessed by the Mayor as well as the police.
- For each gate, a controllable obstacle, blocking the entrance from vehicles.
- A vehicle spawn point, where you can spawn the Mayor SUV (an armoured SUV with the possibility to deploy smoke grenades, similar to the ifrit).
- Several large buildings, which can be used for a number of different applications, such as meetings or other roleplay scenarios.
- A control room, from which the vehicle obstacles can be lowered or raised.